Think sleeping is a waste of time? Think twice... it is an investment in your health.
Recent research show that one source of Alzheimers-epidemy could come from lack of sleep.
Regular poor sleep has impacts on : mood, stress, digestion, memory, focus, physical activity. at least.
I used to experiment terrible insomnias. 3.30 am : eyes wide open, brain running like a steam machine, then finally fall asleep a little and be woken up by this devil alarm. Not the best start for a new day.
How did I cure myself with ZERO medicine ?
First, I realized I was trying to sleep too much... I thought I needed 9 hours, so I was in bed by 10:00pm for a wake-up at 7:00am the next day (obviously). 8 hours is my need. So now I go to bed at 11:00pm.
Second, I was often woken up by bathroom trip need. So my latest cup of tea happens no later than 10:00pm.
Third, I cut all carbs during the day and only have a little for dinner.
The result : no more insomnias and I wake up some minutes before my alarm comes off ! My mood is far better.
Other fields to consider :
- invest in a good bed
- rest on your favorite pillow (somebody's body if you want!)
- make your bed every single day
- change linens at least once a week
- switch off all electronics
- read something written on paper before sleep time
- sleep in the darkest environment possible
- try to obtain the quieter surrounding
- choose the safest place in the house
If your have questions and concerns about the quality of your sleep, contact me!