Before I became a mother I was not paying much attention to processed foods. I considered them convenient, easy, reliable and time-saving. Doubts started when I became responsible for a very innocent soul new to the world. Things worsen when I went to a conference givent by a dietician. And now that I am an Integrative Nutrition Health Coach I am very suspicious about processed foods.
Here is why:
- the list of ingredients is too long
- some ingredients have nothing to do with the recipe (eggs in parmesan, egg whites in mayonnaise, added sugar everywhere, too much salt, to name a few)
- you pay water the price of expensive ingredients
- you cannot name some ingredients
- they cannot be reused or transformed to avoid waste
- there are too many scientific evidence that they are harmful to our health
- and they involve too much packaging causing many environmental issues
How did I do to get rid of them?
- get back to my kitchen
- accept failures
- develop time-saving strategies
- become a Nutrition Health Coach to help me, my family and others
Want to follow my path? Need help? Contact me!